We honor frontline healthcare and hospitality workers of the pandemic by providing evidence-based rest and recovery tools to mitigate the stress and trauma caused by the extended fight against COVID-19.
We partner with healthcare institutions, the hospitality industry, and community-based mental health organizations to support personal and professional restoration, well-being, and growth.
We believe RNRnR is also an innovative pathway to address the longstanding issue of burnout in healthcare professions.
• A supportive network to assist awardees in accessing integrated evidence-based interventions and wellness services beyond the RNRnR retreat.
• A 2-3 day R&R retreat for rest and recovery in a variety of quintessential settings offered by the RNRnR team in collaboration with Maine’s hospitality and tourism industry.
• An evidence-based, trauma-informed program for personal and professional development of RNRnR awardees (as well as their guest, hospitality partners, and hosting community).
• An economic infusion to local hosting communities as awardees benefit from their lodging, meals, activities, tours, and wellness services.
• Collaborations with research institutions to improve the state of knowledge about trauma, burnout, wellness, and professional growth in frontline healthcare professions.
• An artist-designed, limited edition recognition award for frontline healthcare workers honoring their sacrifice and service.
• A society with strong networks of caregivers, hospitality workers, and communities with expanded, integrated mental health capacity.
• An evidence-based program for post-traumatic growth.
• Nursing culture is transformed to care for the caregivers and integrate self-care skills throughout the frontline.